Fennel with coriander, lemon, and parmesan
From How to Host the Holidays at an Airbnb
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 fennel, stems removed (reserve fronds for garnish), sliced in half and then again into thirds
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- In a medium pan, heat the olive oil. Season both sides of the fennel well with salt and pepper, and sear the fennel for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until lightly caramelized.
- When you are on your last fennel, turn the heat down to medium low. Add in the coriander seeds and garlic and toast lightly for a few seconds.
- Transfer all the seared fennel to a sheet tray and cover with the lightly toasted garlic and coriander seeds.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of water and the lemon juice onto the fennel.
- Cover the sheet tray with foil and put it in the oven.
- Let steam for 30 to 40 minutes, until a knife slides through easily.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place back in the oven for another 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and browned.
- Remove from oven and plate the fennel, topping with fresh lemon zest and fennel fronds.